For 40 years, Electra Memorial Hospital has been providing comprehensive, patient-focused inpatient, outpatient, and emergency care. Electra Memorial Hospital is committed to bringing friendly service, quality care and state-of-the-art technology to Electra and surrounding communities.
Acute Care Services
Electra Memorial Hospital provides acute care services for patients of all ages suffering from a wide range of illnesses and injuries. Our hospital is staffed 24/7 by licensed professionals who work closely with multiple departments throughout the hospital to ensure patients receive the individualized, quality care they need for recovery. Our new patient rooms were designed with the needs of our patients in mind. Telemetry monitoring and observation rooms are also available.
The inpatient rehab program, also known as “Swing Bed”, at Electra Memorial Hospital provides the very best in rehabilitative and recuperative care. Our team works together to help patients achieve the maximum level of independence possible.
Admissions to the inpatient rehab program are made through the patient’s physician and the swing bed coordinator. Each patient is evaluated prior to admission to ensure that swing bed is the most appropriate level of care for the patient.
- Patients must have been hospitalized for a minimum of three nights for an acute illness/surgery within the last 30 days.
- Patients must require at least one skilled service
- Patients must have Medicare part A or other insurance with hospital based, skilled nursing benefits.
Common Conditions Treated
Extended IV therapy needs:
- IV antibiotics
- IV nutrition
- IV pain management
- Post-surgical orthopedic conditions including: knee surgery, hip replacement surgery, shoulder surgery
- Wound Care
- Tracheostomy care
- Rehabilitation, including physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy
Please note that other conditions may also qualify the patient for admission to the swing bed program.
For more information on eligibility requirements or to make a referral, please contact:
Pat McAlister, RN
Discharge & Swing Bed Coordinator
940-495-3981 Ext 244