Electra Rehab & Fitness is dedicated to improving the health, well-being, and overall function of the people in the communities in which we serve. In keeping with this mission, Electra Memorial offers physical therapy (PT), occupational therapy (OT), and speech therapy (ST) services to individuals in hospital and outpatient settings.
Treatments provided include the use of:
- Superficial and deep heat
- Electrical stimulation
- Manual therapy
- Gait training
- Therapeutic exercise
- Adaptive equipment training
- Dry Needling
- Vita-stim (SLP)
Re-training exercises are also available to help patients get back to daily living activities, such as:
- Return to sports
- Return to work
- Return to exercise
In addition, individuals will receive education and home programs to ensure successful outcomes.
Types of services include, but are not limited to:
- Orthopedic – Total joint replacement, fractures, sprains/strains
- Neurological – Stroke, balance disorders
- Work-Related – Back/neck injury, hand trauma, carpal tunnel syndrome
- General Illness – COPD, CHF, arthritis, general surgery
- Speech/Language – Bell’s Palsy, speech or swallowing difficulties
Outpatient services are provided under the supervision of a licensed therapist. A prescription is required to receive rehabilitation services.
Individuals who qualify for PT, OT, or ST services will receive a comprehensive evaluation and individualized plan of care to address functional limitations, motor weakness, pain, decreased range of motion, balance deficits, endurance issues, and speech/language or swallowing problems.
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- National Rehabilitation Association
- American Physical Therapy Association
- American Occupation Therapy Association
- American Stroke Association
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
Laurie Portmann, Rehab Director
Phone: (940) 495-3981
Fax: (940) 495-2301